Monday 25 June 2012

The witch is back!

The witch in question is me: I have just come back online after months and months and I felt like I needed to apologise.
I fell in the same old trap all over again, letting the hard time I was going through cause me to lose control and isolate myself, keeping contact only with the people that were closest to me.
Things might not as been as tough as one could imagine, but becoming a hermit is the way I usually react when more problems combine together and anxiety kicks in; I freeze, I don't know what to do, so I end up doing nothing.
How pathetic. It does sound truly pathetic as I read it, because that kind of behaviour didn't use to belong to me.
But this is not the time to turn it into a tragedy: we aren't characters from a book, there are always going to be times when we don't act like ourselves, but looking at the mirror in spite will not help us get out of tough times (quite the opposite actually). What matters now is doing two simple things: snap out of it and react.
This post is also to advise you not to do the same.
Don't become a hedgehog in difficult times, don't make my same mistakes.
The shell we often like to hide inside can too easily become a prison.
I am surprised my loved ones and closest friends bear with my hermit phases, not many people are blessed with such luck; but one day this attitude might hurt someone.
Abuse of other people's kindness and patience and that shell that's always ready to give us shelter will stop being a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment